Continuous research provides the foundation for advances in the field of neonatology. While the Division of Neonatology attempts to engage in the entire range of university research, its main focus is on clinical research.
Our research is concerned with the following main topics:
- Reanimation and first aid for premature infants and newborns
- First aid and care for children with congenital malformations
- Invasive and noninvasive ventilation
- Optimization of oxygen supply for premature infants and newborns
- Prevention and therapy of infectious disease
- Developmental neurology
One main area of research is first aid and reanimation. Accordingly, our researchers have been actively involved in simulation training of newborn reanimation, an area in which they have practical experience. We are also greatly concerned with how to optimize the quality of life of premature infants and newborns following intensive care treatment.